Predictive Maintenance: Servicing tomorrow - and where we really are today
The manufacturing industry has clearly understood that predictive maintenance (PM) is a key issue, a precondition for efficient, sustainable service delivery in the future. Progress in the technologies required by PM is swift and significant.
Predictive maintenance (PM) is one of the key innovations brought forth by Industry 4.0. Thanks to continuous measurement and analysis, PM makes it possible to forecast the remaining service life of machine components, for example. Critical operating parameters can serve as decision aids to optimize the timing of maintenance and define operating statuses.
DETAILED ACCOUNT: KEY FINDINGS ON THE STATUS OF PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE
- Predictive maintenance is a key issue for Germany's engineering sector
- Looking ahead, many companies still find it hard to assess PM's value as a success factor
- General consensus across different industry segments
- Only some companies already have concrete predictive maintenance offerings
- Enhanced performance is seen as the main benefit that predictive maintenance offers to customers
The executive summary is available for download.